During the Coronavirus crisis, Cadena Coffee is staying home and doing its best to stay sane. Here are some things that have helped during these tumultuous times. We are:
- The World Atlas of Coffee. This book explores the rich world of coffee, from production, to harvest, to roasting, to brewing. Beautiful illustrations highlight the diversity of the coffee world.
- The Monk of Mokha. Dave Eggers explores the true story of a Yemeni American man who sets out to establish a coffee company based on traditional Yemeni beans and practices, but is challenged by the civil war in Yemen.
- The Plague. Not for the faint of heart, this existentialist classic describes a plague sweeping the French Algerian city of Oran. Albert Camus won a Nobel Prize for literature for this work. Despite (or perhaps because of) its bleak and absurdist nature, it is a reminder of "what we learn in the midst of plagues: there are more things to admire in men than to despise".
- Coffee for All. The story of coffee aficionados from Naples, Buenos Aires and New York. People reflect on the Neapolitan tradition of caffè sospeso and how it has affected their lives. Great for your language skills, as it has sections in Italian, Spanish, and English (all subtitled).
- Cadena Coffee's Spotify. Our Bean Jams and Coffeehouse smooth listening will sooth the soul.
- Coffee Table Jazz. This playlist is perfect for quietly reading over a cup of coffee or to get in the zone and knock out some work.
- Cadena Coffee's Colombian beans. The butterscotch, chocolate, and citrus fruit notes come alive when we prepare a morning cappuccino. There's nothing like the smell of freshly ground beans in the morning to provide a sense of comfort. ☕️😍
As a reminder, we are offering a sitewide discount of 5% with the promo code STAYHOME. Keep you and your loved ones sane and caffeinated with some fresh Cadena Coffee.